SPONSOR A CHILD’S EDUCATION
RM1,000 – Heart
RM1,000 – Margaret chang, Michelle Jueney, Loong Wah, Joanna Tan, Melody Tee, Ruby Wahid & Tunku Atia
RM2,000 – Jasmine
RM3,000 – Lily
RM4,000 – Hydrangea
RM5,000 – Lotus
The artists of ‘She Moves Me’ The First All-Woman Dance Program gets to nominate a child to sponsor and be motivated to make a difference in his/her life.
- The ‘Base’ will collect ‘interest’ every year.
- The collected ‘interest’ becomes the future funding for each underprivileged child.
- The donation starts at RM100 in a FIXED DEPOSIT account of their own. This account can be topped up yearly from our annual dance production.
- Two (2) of three (3) witnesses, the Sponsor, the Bank Representative, or the Director of The KLMOVEMENT Centre, have to be present at these opening of accounts for the orphans, single parent or parents earning under Rm1,500. For children with single parents or parents earning under RM1,500, the parent has to be present. This money cannot be accessed by the parent or anyone else until the child turns 17 to be used as proof for an education use.
- A child needs to be educated and given the knowledge of this fund in order to encourage their habit to study smart, save money, and look forward to a future, knowing that he has this amount for either his education or a rainy day.
- Parents will be relieved knowing that this is a longterm plan, and not a boost of funds that will be spent on expenditures unrelated to the child’s education.
- The interest collected may be topped up long-term; it will not be like the usual funding method where money is donated in a single transaction and channeled to unknown spending. This method avoids the situation where parents will use their children to gain access to funds.
- Parents from poorer backgrounds may not have the knowledge or education to help save for their children. This solution substitutes that need, and helps to educate the adults in saving for themselves, too.
- For the artists in this production to have contributed not only in artistry, but also to know that they have helped a child in need. This can be very impactful.
- In my first year going independent in 2013, I have taught kids who are underprivileged.
- In the second year of 2014, in my second local dance production, but my first Internationally, I gave 20 seats per show to the underprivileged kids to give them an opportunity to be exposed to and experience a professional theatre setting and production.
- In 2015, after touring, producing, creating, collaborating, and composing as a soloist, I had to focus on a more stable teaching and choreographing income in order to be able to carry on my dance journey and help others more.
- In 2016, I am now extending and continuing my artistry, and plan to make the Education Fund a reality when my dance productions can be fully sponsored and supported.
To make a donation, please write to:
Title: FUND_SPONSOR CHILD
2) Category and Amount
3) Contact Email/Number
Email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
All funders will be listed in the website unless notified otherwise to remain unknown.